This page provides the latest news and updates for Club Members from Club Meetings, as well as to provide information to the Membership from the Board of Directors.

Please check this page often for important updates!

#From the March 2018 Club Meeting: New range furnace was purchased and installed. It has a lifetime guarantee on the heat exchanger. Had the meeting with Chad from Jamestown Mechanical on Feb 10th regarding the wall project. Looking at 10 ft. high and cost around $12,000 for materials. Wayne did calculation for the angle from the extreme far end of the 100 yd. range to the proposed end of the wall; if were to leave 15 ft. from the back of the building there will be no way to pass a shot through from the 100 to the 50 yard range. It will be a slow moving project. Motion was made to move forward on looking into building the wall. Motion 2nd and passed, none opposed. Thank you to everyone who helped during the matches, we are officially done with the 2018 indoor match season! Dave installed an LED light above the oval table. Question arose do we want to replace all lights in the club. Would be $450 to replace all fixtures in the club room with those lights and then will put existing fixtures up in the attic with LED bulbs to make it safer and easier to see up there. Motion made to purchase 6 light fixtures, then was amended to 9. Motion was 2nd and passed, none opposed. There is also officially no longer a $10 initiation fee for new members. Dave will fix this on the paper forms and Jen will ammend it on the website. Discussed putting in the new lighting fixture in the parking lot. Wayne will discuss this more with Dave and Dawson White regarding doing this project. Will said that the Building Committee had 3 quotes plus 1 other one that wasn't ready yet regarding the siding project. The 3 quotes which were in hand were presented to the membership. The membership present voted on two topics: siding vs. painting (vote was in favor of siding, none opposed) and gutters vs. no gutters (majority voted in favor of gutters, none opposed). An official vote for which contractor and items to be completed will take place at the next meeting after we receive the last bid we're waiting on. Discussed becomming a 100% NRA club. If all members are NRA members we would get $5000 from NRA each year like Ridgway does which we could use for the improvement projects. Discussion was tabled until a later time. All program leaders need to get their 2017 attendance numbers in to Jen ASAP for the CMP Annual Report she needs to submit by April 1st. A workparty will be held on Sat April 14th at 9am to clean up the outside parking lot and the indoor range backstop, volunteers needed! Saturday April 21st will be a Hunter Ed Class here from 8am-4:30pm. All students need to register online at the DEC website and must complete the required homework and bring it with them to the class (info can be found on the Hunter Ed page). Reminder that the ranges are CLOSED during the Hunter Ed Classes!

#From the February 2018 Club Meeting: The pop machine got a new compressor but is now blowing fuses. Wayne will talk with our electricians about it. Thank you everyone who helped Wayne and Jen with the Jr. Olympic and Jr. Sectional matches. The January JAWS class had 29 ladies attend which is a new record! Tickets for the upcoming Friends of NRA dinner at the end of this month are due in to Charlie no later then the 17th. Wayne has received complaints from members saying there's too much talking during the meetings so starting next month 50/50 tickets will only be sold until the meeting starts, not during the meeting. The range furnace is bad, the heat exchanger and exhaust motor are shot which presents a safety issue. Wayne got quotes for a new furnace through both Carrier and Payne. If we get the Carrier furnace, we would save $ if we pay by cash or check. Motion was made to purchase the Carrier furnace, motion was 2nd. Discussed that we may not need a thermostat which was included in the quote as we already have one on the timer. Vote: all in favor, none opposed. Discussion has taken place especially in the Wed morning group regarding building a divider wall between the 50 and 100 yard ranges. Would leave approx. 20 ft. between the building and wall for the mower to fit through. There will be a meeting on Sat February 10th at 1pm with a contractor to go over specs and answer questions. The project will cost +/- $12,000 for materials but we could apply for an NRA Range Grant to help pay for it. The project will be stretched out over a couple years to get it done along with all the other improvements we are working on. The Building Committee is looking at getting quotes to do the siding project. Any info please get it to Will ASAP so they can present the quotes to the membership at the next meeting, so the membership can vote on what we're going to do. Congrats to 3 of our Juniors for placing in the Jr. Olympics match. A medal for High J2 was presented to Junior Ben D'Angelo.

#From the January 2018 Club Meeting: The pop machine is having problems, we are working on getting someone down here to fix it. For all members who got their Pistol Permit before 1/15/13 must recertify either online or via paper form before the end of this month! Key Fob payments are due, fobs will be shut off if not paid by the end of the February meeting. Dave put a shelf in both bathrooms for storing items. If anyone wishes to look at the books, let Dan know. Dave needs volunteers to help with the numerous duties he does around the club. A Jr. Olympic match will be held the weekend of Sat/Sun January 20th-21st, volunteers are needed to help Wayne and Jen run the match. If anyone is interested in helping with the Chaut Co Friends of NRA Committee, meetings are each Tuesday at 7pm at the Frewsburg Legion. The dinner will be Sat February 24th. Any questions ask Jen, Charlie or Boyd. Dan has the new NRA Membership books which have the price change. The new books are in the office.

#From the December 2017 Club Meeting: The Deer Shoot did make a small profit despite a low turnout this year, thank you to all the volunteers who helped run it. Will and the Building Committee are still working on quotes. Help get the word out about upcoming Pistol Permit Classes! Dave only needs paperwork from the Life Members if anything changes. Discussion took place regarding the use of tannerite on the premises. Motion was made to ban tannerite use on JRC property, motion was 2nd and passed.

#From the November 2017 Club Meeting: The Building Committee met and chose to eliminate some items from the previous quote. They are waiting on more quotes. Concerns about items being eliminated from the quotes were addressed as well as questions about water problems around the building. When there are packed meetings do not block the entrance to the far parking lot as we will need it! Don't forget to vote! Elections were held, Dave was up for re-election for the Board. Motion was made to keep the Board the same, motion was 2nd and passed. The club now has a Facebook page, be sure to check it for upcoming events and news.

#From the October 2017 Club Meeting: Quotes for the building were revisited. A motion was made for a committee to be formed to get quotes during the winter months. The motion was passed, Will Ortman will Chair the committee and report back to the membership. Tickets for the upcoming Deer Shoot were passed around. The Federation will go with chicken at their next banquet, as doing the prime rib was too hard this year. Dave got a quote to do LED lighting in all the rooms. We will be hosting an NRA Level 1 Smallbore/Air Rifle Coach School on the weekend of Sat/Sun October 14th & 15th. Volunteers are needed to help clean up the club prior to this class.

#Update from the Pistol Permit Instructors on 9/25/17: The Pistol Permit Class now has a Facebook page! Visit us on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest news surrounding upcoming classes! Click here to visit the group "Chautauqua County Pistol Permit Classes at Jamestown Rifle Club" or click on the link at the bottom of the Pistol Permit page and Like Us!

#From the September 2017 Club Meeting: Quotes for both insulating/siding vs. painting the building were discussed. Pending further quotes, the topic was tabled until the October meeting. Remember the upcoming vote in November for a NY Constitutional Convention. The Yes/No vote will be located on the back of the ballot. Be sure to choose one as NYS will interpret no mark as a "Yes" vote. Watch the calendar for upcoming classes, leagues and Police use. Be sure to sell your raffle tickets for the Legion drawing in October! The Club makes $5/ticket sold!

#From the August 2017 Club Meeting: Discussion resumed regarding the updated Bylaws. No further changes/corrections were proposed and the updated Bylaws were adopted. The application for the Federation Youth Lifetime License is on the Home page, direct as many youth to apply as possible! Wayne got a quote to do the siding for the building, including insulation. Additional quotes for both siding and painting options will be gathered and presented to the membership at the September meeting.

#From the July 2017 Club Meeting: Discussion took place about the proposed Bylaw changes. Other than a few typos to be corrected, most were in agreement as to the changes. Typos will be corrected and final vote on the amended Bylaws will take place at the August Meeting. The tractor has had repairs done but is still having some problems which need to be addressed. It is strongly encouraged that everyone read the article that was in the June issue of the NYSRPA "The Bullet" magazine regarding the upcoming vote this November for a Constitutional Convention. Charlie Cardinale is selling raffle tickets for the Chautauqua Co. Federation to raise funds for the Youth Lifetime License Drawing at the end of this year. There are a lot of really nice prizes! See Charlie for details and tickets, they are $5 each or 3 for $10. The drawing will take place in December.

#From the June 2017 Club Meeting: Discussed putting in LED lighting in the club and a new light fixture in the parking lot. One of the Juniors is looking to help us with the outdoor lighting project in order to earn his Eagle Scout badge. Ideas as far as lumens needed and the cost will be determined and reported back to the membership at a later date. A draft of the revised Bylaws will be available for members to look over. Discussion regarding the proposed changes to the Bylaws will take place at the July Meeting. The new Policy regarding Pistol Permit Courses held at the JRC was read and posted. As of January 2017, Pistol Permit Classes held for personal profit may no longer be held on Club Property. All proceeds from all Pistol Permit Classes must go to the JRC in accordance with the Bylaws.

#From the May 2017 Club Meeting: Work on the cover/pad and Indoor Range door has begun. The Board will be meeting again later this month to finalize proposed changes to the Bylaws; an update will follow at the June club meeting. A fundraiser for Jeremy Catanese, husband of our Chaut. Co. Pistol Permit Clerk Betty Catanese, will be held at the Stockton Fire Hall on Sunday, May 21st at 2pm. All proceeds go to help the family with medical expenses incurred while he is battling cancer. Betty is one of our biggest supporters of our 2A Rights here in Chaut Co and she works hard everyday for us up in Mayville. For all she does for us, let's help her out during this difficult time! The Rifle Club will be making a donation on behalf of our membership but we are still encouraging as many of our members as possible to still please attend this event!

#Update from the BoD on 4/5/17: The Work Party which was initially scheduled for Saturday April 22nd is being pushed back to Saturday, May 6th at 9am instead, so there will not be a Work Party on April 22nd. This change is reflected on both the Main page and on the calendar.

#From the April 2017 Club Meeting: The doors are in and the only item left to decide was the color which they will be painted. Medium gray was decided. Please check the updated Club Calendar, as new events and times in which Law Enforcement will be using the range(s) have been added. Thank you Tim Mara for donating a new American flag for the club! Thank you everyone who came to the breakfast on April 1st to support Clayton Hanson! It is estimated that a little over 100 supporters attended the event! A note was found by Wayne on top of a full garbage can which said "I'm too full". It is felt that if you have enough time to write a note, you have enough time to empty the trash... please help keep our club clean!

#From the March 2017 Club Meeting: The Bylaws haven't been updated since 2002, so the Board will be meeting this month to sit down and update the Bylaws. Helpers are needed for the Hunter Ed class on Saturday, April 8th from 8am-4:30pm. Please contact Charlie Cardinale if you can help! Also a work party will be held on Saturday April 22nd at 9am to clean up the outside. Volunteers are needed! Please bring rakes and shovels. Replacing the doors and security was also discussed. Jacketed bullets have also been reported as seen on the indoor range. Remember, no jacketed bullets larger than .380 ACP are to be used on the indoor range! To refresh on the Range Rules, click here.

#From the February 2017 Club Meeting: A Handicapped Parking sign has been put up to accomodate senior & disabled club members. Since we are a private organization the police cannot give tickets to people parked in the spot that don't have tickets up, but please do not park in the spot unless you have a handicapped parking permit. Again, this is in respect to our senior and disabled members. Also, Dave Allen is stepping down from many of the responsibilities that he had been undertaking at the club. Any and all help from members in taking over the tasks he is not doing anymore is greatly appreciated!

#From the January 2017 Club Meeting: The members of the Monday morning group completed building 9 new benches for the outdoor ranges, thank you to everyone who built them! We need to advertise our club events more in the NYSRPA Bullet magazine.